The decoration on the monthly plates collection is based on an original design by Adolf Le Comte. Adolf Le Comte was artistic advisor at Royal Delft in 1877-1915.
Le Comte's artistic contribution to the revival of Delftware and his initiatives for experimentation and innovation at De Porceleyne Fles were of major importance. Until 1905, his contribution was considerable, after which he gradually withdrew as a designer. After his honorable resignation in 1915, he stayed on with the company as a trustee for a few years.